googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Last Dinner

Laura and I finally got to do our ice-cream run. It kinda commemorates the first time we really spent some time alone together after freshman year. Sophomore year, I had randomly called her up and invited her for a walk. This was when she lived at her place on 47th. We met up in front of the bank on 45th and Brooklyn (I don't remember what it's called), and ended up at the Cold Stone in Fremont. Kind of a long walk, but fun. We were supposed to do it again after finals last quarter, but it didn't really happen. This quarter we tried again, but my last final was on a Friday, and she had her barbequeue to go to. I'm glad we were finally able to do it before I left. A fitting farewell.

Baja Flesh! Lisa and I got to say goodbye over dinner. Yum! Cedars would have been a good last dinner for Seattle (for a while), but would have taken way too long. It was weird, up until now I hadn't really been concerned about leaving. Now, sitting there eatting with Lisa, it hits me. I'm going to be leaving Seattle and my friends. Wow. Haven't done that before. I didn't realize how much I thought of Seattle as home.

I went over to Julia's afterwards and got ot hang with her and the Canadians. "I am Daisy!" Now I'm off to Zach's for a late night. Tomorrow morning I'll get to say goodbye to Andy and Alisa. So many goodbyes. Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home