googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Bicycle

Yay for Target. Garrett took me and Ross to Target today so we could get bikes for the ride to work. I was going to get a buke at a bike shop, but this one was so much cheaper - only $80 (Ross paid $52). We'll see how it goes - I can take it back in a few days if it is really unbearable. Google's a little over 6 miles away, and downhill, so getting to work shouldn't be an issue. Getting back I'm worried about. We couldn't fit the bikes in Garrett's car, so we had to bike back. This was from 80% of the distance to Google, and it was a pain in the ass getting back. I guess I'm just really out of shape. Borf. Anyway, now I see what the nicer bikes have better - gear-shifting. There were several times where my bike just wouldn't shift gears. Made it really frustrating, and much more difficult than it should have been. But I saved about $200. Blah. Money.

When we got back, we talked with Flavio for a while. Flavio's from Italy, Ross is from the UK. Pretty cool. They seemed like cool guys, and it'll be nice to have different people around. Man, I love Britishisms. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home