googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Drop-Off

I had to get up at 7:30 in the morning today so I could drop off the car. I had some trouble finding Hertz, but I got it there on time, and headed over to the one shopping center I knew of. I didn't have time for breakfast in the morning, so I stopped by Trader Joe's. Wow. I miss Seattle already. The Trader Joe's on Roosevelt has so many bread selections, all fresh. After wandering around the entire store today, I found a tiny little cart stacked with artisan breads. I bought some Focaccia bread and headed over to WalMart. I stopped by Payless to buy some sandles, since it's crazy-hot here. It's dry heat, but still hot (85-90 F). I bought Oblivion at WalMart and spent the rest of the day playing it. Pretty cool. I'm still getting comfortable with how things are done. Took me a long time to realize I could teleport to towns I'd visited instead of walking for miles thorugh the countryside. Gads that was irritating.

Garrett convinced me to start playing Perfect Dark Zero with him tonight. We played for a few hours. I am so not comfortable with the controllers. By the end, I felt a lot more confident than I had, but I was still not good. Keyboard and mouse all the way, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home