googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Difference

So I think I know one of the main differences between el cheapo bike and pricy bikes. The gear shift. I bought a cheap Target bike, hoping I could save myself a few hundred dolalrs this summer. But I've already had the chain fall off three times (not today, but Sunday and Tuesday, once each way). Considering I'm biking at least 11.5 miles each day, I think it's probably best that I invest in a little bit better bike. I was talking to some of the interns, and he said it only costs about $30 to ship a bike. So I think I'll be doing that.

The second day felt much more normal. I got to campus, grabbed some grub, and went to a meeting / presentation. I then had lunch, talked with my host, and started learning things. A am truly amazed. So much to learn, it can be overwhelming. Fortunately, my host understands. Apparently he loves interns and this process.

I got back home at 10pm tonight and took a shower. That's an eleven hour day. It didn't really feel like it, which is good, but I hope it doesn't happent too often. Doing this all the time will make me start hating things. I must say though, it was much more pleasant (though still shower-warranting) to bike back at night. I'd do this all the time, except I don't know when that means I get in in the mornings. I also don't think I'll want to go back to work after dinner. Today my roommate and I had to run some errands. We stopped by the TMobile store. Yeah, I'll be getting a new cell phone soon. I hope to be keeping the same number, so you guys don't need to know. Just don't complain to me when you start racking up minutes because I'm no longer in-network. Not that any of you talk to me enough as it is. Sad.

CALL ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home