googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Monday, August 07, 2006

The Car

Thayer and I rented a car this weekend. I'm not sure we actually needed to, but it let us do things without depending on anyone else. On Friday we went to a party with some nVidia people. It was pretty fun. A few really hot girls - even got to talk to them (though didn't get contact info. sigh). On Saturday we went to Stanford. We just walked around the campus and played a few games of chess. I lost both. I'm really glad I didn't go to Stanford. I really don't like their campus. Lots of mexican architecture. I'm not a huge fan of mexican architecture, but when they try to romanize it with columns it's just gross. Saturday night we came back to my place and I threw some tritip on the grill. It was fantastic. And we had wine. Fantastic steak, wine, a nice night, good company. Good music (Thayer bought the new Muse album). Awesome.

Sunday Thayer, Ross, and I went to a barbeque with a bunch of cool nVidia people. Just went to a nice park, had some nicely merrinated burgers and chicken, and just hang out for a while. I played Thayer two more times. All four games, I managed to play unconventional openings. Kinda threw off all of Thayer's big practicing for the past few months. I finally won the second game when Thayer fell for a clever gambit. Woot. Anyway, the nVidia interns were pretty cool. Especially Lee and Jeff. I've seen them the most, and they seem pretty cool. I hope they come on Saturday. Oh yeah. I'm having a party on Saturday. Hopefully it'll go better than the last one. At least, have more people show up. And more girls. Ummmm... girls....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home