googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Del Taco

Garrett invited me to get dinner with him today. Neither of us knew where we wanted to go, so we figured we'd drive around and find someplace that looked neat. We went to downtown Mountain View and walked around a bit. Yeah, Mountain View does have a "downtown" - it's on main street - but there wasn't much there, certain nothing that was open after six (we were there around six-thirty). Anyway, after leaving what called itself downtown and traveling down El Camino Real (the main street in these parts), we still hadn't seen anything but fast food restaurants. Then I get the idea that we should go to Del Taco. We knew there was a Del Taco somewhere in San Jose, and we were kinda close to San Jose at the time, so I called my brother for directions. Unfortunately, that didn't help so much. We got totally lost, so I called Chad. Chad told us to get to 280 and get off at San Tomas. That would have been great, had there been an exit to San Tomas. Garrett then called his friend, who gracefully stayed on the phone with us for the half-hour it took to get us there. Finally, after an hour and a half or so of searching, we found it. Del Taco! I had my fill. I tried their new cookie-dough shake - not as good as I had hoped, and about as bad as I had feared. I await strawberry! Garrett said our trip was very Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Garrett hadn't been to Del Taco before, but he deemed the trip a bona fide success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home