googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Sickness, Part. 2

So, I talked to Ben. Turns out he is the one who got me sick. Dang. I didn't go to work today. I woke up feeling kinda bad. I could have gone in, but I didn't. I had occasional loud, gross coughs and sneezes, and have gone through 1/2 of both my bags of cough drops. I got the normal menthol ones (cough suppresant, oral anesthetics), and some pectin ones (oral demuculent, hehe). I have a huge pile of wrappers on my chair. So yeah, I sat at home today. Played some more Oblivion, took a four-hour nap (!), lost appetite. The usual. I finally remembered the last time I was sick I had a bunch of hot chocolate then got better. So I drank three cups tonight. We'll see if it helps.

I feel really guilty about not going in today. I know I probably would have just sat around waiting for and being frustrated at not having all the right permissions, but still. Feels weird not being at work. Unless I wake up feeling like shit tomorrow, I think I'm going to go in. I don't want to miss another day, and I should have access tomorrow. I feel like I'm just making excuses for not going in today. Ugh. Lame. Tomorrow I better feel better. I already feel better tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home