googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Wireless Infestation Unravels

I'm feeling a bit better today. I went in to work and actually got stuff done. Yay! It wasn't until I'm about to go to bed that one of my ears popped. The other still hasn't popped since last night. Bah.

So, I had forgotten that my wireless keyboard needs batteries. Last night, I was in the middle of my game, and suddenly the keyboard stopped responding. Fortunately, I had just saved. I thought I maybe the game had just captured all the keys and screwed up the keyboard driver or something. So I pressed reset. Windows came back rather quickly, so it probably wasn't a driver error. I started the game up again, but still no keyboard. I tried reconnecting the keyboard, then I remembered there were batteries in the keyboard. I borrowed some batteries from Garrett and... voila! It works!

Man. The one thing I had forgotten about California was ants. I fucking hate ants. Yes, explicatives are necessary here. See, Washington is too wet to have many ants. The most I saw was about 20 in a week or so. Today I wiped 20 off the counter in one swoop. I thought I had gotten rid of them when I threw away a jar of jam that was on the counter and infested. Today they were all over the counters in my room. Ugh. Gross. I had forgotten and left a bag of trail mix out. I suppose it was only a matter of time before they found it. Aghhh. Stupid ants.

I did laundry this weekend and my sleeping shorts got some threads loose. I would have thought them to be shreded, but it seems so far it's just the threads on the seems. I've had them a while, and it's high time I get some new ones, so I'm looking forward to see when they finally expire and give me the last push of an excuse.

"If you want to destroy my sweater...Woah-ah-woah-ah-woah.
Hold this thread as I walk away... As I walk away.
Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked.
Lying on the floor, lying on the floor
I've come undone." - Weezer, Undone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home