googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

The (Hard) Drive

I've gotten fed up of my lack of disk space, so I purchased a new hard drive. 320 GB, well, 300 GB, more of goodness. I ordered it last Friday, but it didn't get to me until Wednesday. I was quite excited about it, but it took the people at work most of the day to deliver it. I biked it home, and was all ready to install it... except I didn't have a cable. Normally this isn't a problem, my mobo came with all the cables it'll ever need, but I didn't have my mobo box. No. That's in storage in Seattle. Gahhhh! So I had to wait until Thursday to get a chance to go to Frys (Best Buy didn't have cables?) and buy a sata cable. That should not have cost ten dollars. Sigh. But good ending. I got it installed, and I now have over a Terabyte (1042 MB) of disk space. Maybe this time I won't run out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home