googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Game

They took all the interns to a Giants game last night. It seemed like they were having a corporate night, since there were lots of groups, intenrs even, being welcomed on the jumbo-tron. During the middle of the 5th inning, we got a big "Welcome Google Interns" on the jumbo-tron as well. Lots of cheering. Whee.

It took me a full inning to get garlic fries. I didn't even get the beer I wanted. First place I went didn't have them, and only had Miller on tap. I wanted beer, so I tried a different stand. They had them, but didn't have beer either. I managed to find a beer stand, but there was a huge line, and after standing in line twice already I wasn't ready to do it again. Later, when I could wait no longer for a super-pretzel, there were no lines for either the pretzel or the beer. Sigh.

I realized when I got to the game that I had forgotten to get batteries, and since we were getting back around midnight, the bike lights I had bought would probably need them. I was going to get a flash of something, but Safeway didn't have any. Sigh. The bike trip back was quite eventful though. After spending half an hour or so attaching the lights to my bike (way too long), my handle bars decided to losen. Since I have grip-shifting on the bike, I was constantly shifting gears as I tried to adjust the handles. I thought it was just a little bit loose, and was something I could fix at home, so we left work. Turns out I couldn't fix it. I don't know if you've ever biked with really loose handle bars, but it's quite unresponsive. I couldn't really turn. The gas stations nearby when this happened didn't have anything, but I knew WalMart was half a mile away, so I managed to bike there. I thought WalMart would be open 24 hours, but I guess it's the suburbs, not the city. They close at 10pm. Weird. Anyway, there were some people still inside, and they were able to help me tighten the handle bars so I could make it back. Quite nice of them, I must say. I did finally make it back around 12:45. The new bike is so much more comfortable (especially when it's not falling apart).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home