googleimp

A documentary of the journey of one Google intern.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Off-Site

We had the engineering off-site today. It was pretty sweet. They packed up all 1800 or so of us and bussed us all over to Santa Cruz Boardwalk. They gave us free arcade play (Apparently one beer is bad for air-hockey, but really good for skeeball. I averaged 300+ at skeeball, with a top score of 520. I've *never* done that well). I hung out with my roommate, Ross, a bit, then wandered off on my own. I ended up eating with a bunch of interns, and managed to convince them to go off on some rides with me. It was pretty cool. Apparently the big wooden roller-coaster which the boardwalk is famous for is about sixty years old. Funny thing is, it seems to be the same design as Colossus, from Six Flags Magic Mountain, just smaller. I wonder if one was Colossus was modeled on it. So yeah. Hanging out with other interns is cool. I hope to do much more of it. I had so totally forgotten about California girls. I grew up with them, so I guess I didn't notice, but wow. They aren't anywhere but here. It's weird. I do like the look, so I can't be complaining, but I can't believe I didn't notice it when I went to Seattle. I definitely noticed something was different, but I couldn't place it.

Anyway. Tomorrow evening Chris Thayer and I are heading into San Francisco to hang with Ben Hindman. It should be exciting! But I probably won't have a post for a few days, so hang tight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home